The ICL website’s current Learning Management System (LMS), which houses the ICL Phase 1 online training program, is in need of an upgrade.
The project to upgrade to a new LMS will commence shortly in August 2023. In the meantime, trainees continue to have access to the training program as per usual.
There will be a period of one to two weeks during the project when the training program will need to go offline for migration of trainee data to the new LMS before it comes back online. We will endeavor to provide as much notice as possible of the offline dates to minimize any impact. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
What do you need to know and do before the ICL Phase 1 online training program transitions to the new LMS:
- If you registered for the online training between 1 January 2022 and the date the LMS goes offline, your registration and payment details will be confirmed and your workbook progress will migrate to the new LMS. You will be able to continue the online training program on the new LMS from where you last saved your workbook.
- If you registered for the Phase 1 online training prior to 1 January 2022 and have not completed the training prior to the current LMS going offline, your registration, payment and training workbook records will NOT migrate to the new LMS and you will not be able to continue the Phase 1 online training. To undertake the Phase 1 online training in future you will need to re-register, pay and begin the training from the start on the new LMS. Please note the national ICL website training program rule found on the Training Centre webpage which states:
You must complete all 6 modules successfully within 6 months of registration in order to commence phase 2 face to face workshop training. Otherwise you will be required to re-register, pay the registration fee and complete all 6 modules (even if you have previously completed some modules), before being eligible to proceed to phase 2 training.
- You should make sure to save your Phase 1 online training workbook before logging off ahead of the training program going offline. This will ensure your workbook progress is saved correctly ahead of your workbook data migration to the new LMS.
- We highly recommend you take a screen shot of your saved training workbook to identify your progress before logging off for the final time ahead of the training going offline.
Please be assured that all care will be taken in the data migration process and that backups of training records will be retained for a period to verify records. In the unlikely event that an error occurs with the migration of your training workbook data, please contact our customer support service via firstname.lastname@example.org and include any screen shots showing your training progress to assist us to verify and restore your training records.
- During the offline period you will not be able to login and access your training workbook. We will send an email notification just before the training goes offline as well as to notify when the training is back online on the new LMS.
What you need to know about the new LMS:
- You will be able to access the Phase 1 online training program and your saved training workbook using your existing login credentials.
- Although the LMS will look different, the content including the training modules, resources and quizzes remain the same.
If you have any questions or concerns, please direct these to email@example.com.